Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Signing Off!

It's been an awesome semester. There's no doubt in my mind that I am better tuned to what I want to be doing after taking this class, and I'm really thankful for the opportunity to have my own little soapbox. I thank all of you for keeping up with it and making me feel welcome in our little community of pseudo-pundits. It's been a blast.

I have to thank Professor Berchman for always creating interesting modules that were very current and interesting. They made me really think about the way I viewed politics, and they made me more interested in following politics and politics coverage on a daily basis. That's a habit that is welcome in my life and I won't take it for granted.

As I head towards graduation now, this class has given me another tool for my arsenal: I can better think now about how every thing the media and politics do can change the way they are viewed. Having been a prime observer of these trends, I have an advantage that the generation before me did not. They have had to learn about the impact of social media on the fly, while I get to see their bumps and bruises from it, and learn from them. That's a powerful advantage.

I wish all of you the best of luck in your endeavors, though after reading how well thought out and interesting your blog posts have been, you don't particularly need it. I feel very confident that the talent level in this class will be able to make big moves going forward. I feel very good that the next generation of news makers and news reporters will be amazing.

Good night and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment